Sunday, July 20, 2008

first one theater, then another............

Today, I took my boys to see "The Dark Knight" here in town.
First off, wow. This picture is darker than the previous, but DAMN it's good!
I'll give props to the late Mr. Ledger for his portrayal of The Joker.
HIS was an offering of what the comics have been offering in recent years: a more psychotic and demented villain.
However, I will not compare his to Jack Nicholson's "Joker".
In the 1989 movie "Batman", Nicholson's Joker as perfect for that movie, just as Ledger's Joker is perfect for this one.

There was on occurrence that marred what should have been a 2 and a half 'vacation from reality'.
Just as technical difficulties blacked out about 10 minutes of the movie in a nearby town, so did they here.
The kicker here:no free passes afterwards.

I do plan to see this film in the theater again, not only to view what I along with others missed, but, as with the previous "Batman" movie(s) it's worth seeing again.

No comments: