Saturday, June 18, 2005

"Batman Begins" has begun!!

I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I heard it was being made.
The idea that someone was taking the time to make a Batman movie surrounding the creation of the icon was just too much!

In the onset, I was unsure of how well it would be, but with the cast named and a 'batmobile like no other' held my curiosity.

I took my two boys tonight. We were in full Bat-glory as each of us had a bat-shirt of somesort or other on.
Yes, I am a Bat-geek and wear my cape and cowl with pride!

The movie lived up to it's promise of being like no other Batman movie.
Even though the run time was 2 hours 10 minutes, we left the theater wanting more. As a Bat-fan, I personally was not let down. The way the movie focused on Bruce Wayne becoming Batman was intriguing. Sure, we all know the story:Bruce witnesses his parents murder, he grows up feeling responsible for their death, is heir to the Wayne throne, uses his clout to create a symbol of justice, blada blada blada.

But this movie shows this story line in such a way that it is more conceivable that it could really happen to one of us. The movie has little to none 'campyness' so we the audience believe that Bruce Wayne really could exist.

For me, Batman is the greatest super hero ever simply because Bruce Wayne has no super powers, but only a mind that is honed, gadgets galore, and truly believes in what he is doing for the good of mankind.

No comments: