Monday, January 26, 2009

Ever know something you wish you didn't?

About a week ago,it was brought to my attention (by a co-worker of all people), that my ex-wife and husband will be losing their home to a Sheriff's auction.

It seems that they are way behind in not only property taxes, but mortgage payments as well.

As I said, I've known about this for a little over a week, and this weekend I had my boys. I can't tell you how hard it is knowing that they will be losing their home and not being able to say a word to them about it. btw:they don't know yet.

So as I bide my time, waiting for my ex to come to me with the news, I can't help but wonder if she will find a home here in town to rent, move 30 miles away to where she works (which wouldn't be the worst thing to happen), or move back to Southern Illinois where her husband's family resides (which is the worst thing that can happen).
What makes it worse yet is the face that I was unable to put a "can not move x amount of miles away" judgment on her, giving her Carte blanche to move where she wishes with no consideration for our children's feelings in the matter.

Stay tuned, as I'm sure I will have more to report on this situation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

would now be a time to petition for custody of the boys, showing how they are unable to give a proper roof over their heads?

we are all on your side of this...
a.reid

Evan 08 said...

That's rough.

I agree with anonymous' recommendation... get custody now. Do it while they can't put a roof over the kids' heads, and do it while they don't have the resources to fight back.

rayray said...

ya know, if i hadn't gotten boned the last two occasions I went into the court (first trying to prevent her from moving 11 hours away, and then trying to get shared placement when they moved back. both failed miserably), I might actually consider it.

Anonymous said...

Third time is the charm! and hey, shows commitment!

and really, isn't it better for them? If they can't pay their bills are they taking care of the boys properly? you see them more than you ever did, are the needy, suffering or just poor.

think long and hard how this could change your life and theirs!

a.reid