Monday, January 05, 2009

X-box vs. Wii

I'm hoping the title grabs the attention than just the regular viewers to my blog, (yea, both of you).

I'm wanting some user input of pros and cons on these two game consoles as I am close to upgrading from my ps2.
I as well as my two boys (12 & 14) are interested in both the X-box 360 and the Nintendo Wii.
I've done some research as far as games availability and other tidbits of information, but when it comes to knowing about playability and the likes, well that's something they don't put on their websites.

So I ask you, the blogging/gaming masses to give me your 2 cents worth (yes, in addition to the both of you), and help me formulate a better knowledge base in helping me decide which console to go with.

Thank you in advance!

2 comments:

Evan 08 said...

The Wii is more active... you move around more because of the motion-sensitive controllers. The graphics are inferior to the Xbox though.

I really like my Xbox 360. I can't speak for the Wii, but if you want the full Xbox experience, you will need broadband internet access. (If I remember correctly, you're still using dial-up, right?) In addition to broadband internet access, you will need an Xbox Live Gold membership, which runs about $50 per year.

And oh yeah... we could all play Halo3 online (or other games), and we can voice chat online even if we don't have the same game.

Last note: Today's word verification word is "prickin"

Anonymous said...

sorry, I can only recommend board games and playing outside with real tennis rackets and golf clubs. I am modern tech deficient.

my best guess, as a gal who owns Zelda on a Nintendo, is buy the one that has the best shelf life. If one will be tech toast in a few years and you won't be able to get the new cool games any more... that is the deciding factor.

a