Monday, September 18, 2006

This weekend in news.............

Ok, so not major, national or even local news.............just things that happened to me this weekend. ;)

Saturday was the local car show hosted by the car club I recently joined.
The vice pres wanted me to enter my truck cuz "it's so freakin' cool!".
To be fair, yea: it is cool but no where near show quality, even for a small town event like this. (btw:I was in good standing for third in my class until more trucks showed up!).
There was a turnout of about 80 entries, including some 'specialty class' entries (gas powered "Little Red Wagon", other gas powered kids cars) and about 8 motorcycles.
I was able to get my kids for the day as they were invited to help selling bags of salted peanuts. They were being sold to get patrons to make their way over the the 'beverage garden'. All 60 bags were sold! And ya, I bought one or two.
All in all, it was a good day.

Sunday was my 38th birthday.
Pretty uneventful as it was celebrated this past Thursday (so my kids could be there). My folks got me a new four serving set of dishes (like I ever entertain), and the boys gave me cards. Even though it was celebrated early, ya can't beat sharing w/the kids.

Today, I actually had a pretty neutral conversation with the ex.
Seems that the parents of band kids (our oldest plays percussion) are volunteered to help at football games in the consession stand.
Well, she and (husband) were on the list, but she wanted to include me if I wanted to be.
It was kinda spooky that she'd involve me whereas I'd not really been involved before and she even said "yea, the single parents get screwed". (ok..........who are you and what have you done with my ex-wife?!).
So we agreed that one of us would work the stand with our 'band boy', and the other of us would take the little brother to the game. This is G's second year of flag-football, and since he's getting into it more this year, (he made a GREAT 3/4 field, zig-zagging touchdown) he might seeing the high school kids play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-from ozzyc-
Did you talk to the ex about the other issue? That would have been a perfect time.