Monday, August 07, 2006

Bringing back classics

I recently heard a rumour that the Chevy Camaro may be making a comeback in a few years.

At first I was skeptical as GM has a hit and miss history in bringing back monikers from days gone by, (from the Impala to the Nova). But after doing a bit of research, I've come to believe that Chevy may be onto something.

Ford set the bar when it re-introduced the Mustang this year and set it high.
Now it seems that other companies are getting it.
When Pontiac brought back the GTO, people were disappointed when this "suped-up GrandAm" hit the market.
But if this Camaro makes it to the streets, and if Dodge produces it's vision of the Challenger, muscle car enthusiasts will be brought back to the day when cars were cars.

For more,check this out.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Dodge DID revive the Challenger a few years back and it was no more a muscle-car than my Aunty Fanny was.

It was, in my opinion, a slightly better version of the Ford pinto- or a Vega.

I think the new Challengers were around about one season before being scrapped again.

Of course- it's hard to improve perfection, eh?

Sunny said...

Oh- and so what do you think about the New T-Bird that Ford revived recently?
I think they're great- but some people don't like them at all. I think they are probally come as close to being "revived" as an auto-maker can get with all the technological improvements that go into them now.

Sunny said...

Sigh....that's what I get for being sleepy and skipping clicking on the links you gave us.

DAMN, I'll tell you what, if that new Challenger is as close to that pic on the link- I'll have my butt FIRST in line for a brand spanking new one when they hit the showroom floor.

That thing is freaking AWESOME!
That Hemi is gonna eat some fuel tho, I'm thinking- especially with my lead-foot.
No matter- I'll have one or die trying.

Have they come up with a MSRP yet?
I need to start saving for a downpayment for that one!!!!

Thanks Ray-ray, this is the best news I've heard in quite a while!!!!

rayray said...

lol sunny, and after I put AAAAAALLLL that hard work into my post!

I do seem to recall Dodge's attempt at an updated Challenger...........the shuttle made more of a bang.....GET IT???

As far as Ford's updated T-Bird, it was a great effort furthered by Chip Foose who made an INCREDIBLE custom.

As far as pricing on the upcoming muscle, haven't heard yet but be sure I'll keep you bloggers posted!