Friday, August 25, 2006

Just plain insensitive


Today's "Bob the Squirrel" reminded me that I'd had a similar occurance.

I was seeing "Batman Begins" (for the second time) at the local theater.

It was during the week, and there was only two other people seated when I got there.

I found a seat about half way down, and sat in the middle of the aisle.

About five minutes before the movie started, two rather large women (I wouldn't be surprised if they were "special friends"..........at least I got that from the flannel they were wearing) sat DIRECTLY in front of me.

Plenty of seats to choose from, but no:they had to plop their fat-asses right in front of the little guy!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Been there, Rayray.

Paulius and I hardly ever go to the theatre anymore to see a movie because it's one of a dozen things.
*babies crying
*kids talking during the wole movie
*kids kicking the back of our seats
*big hair women sitting directly in front of us
*teens or young adults yakking on their damn cellphones during the movie
*pervs who choose to sit directly next to us even tho there is no one else in the theatre
*The people who talk TO the actors as the movie is playing
*the yakker who can't help but utter reveals .....things like"Don't worry about you're make-up honey- you're gonna die next scene anyway!"


That sort of stuff.

When we get our own place I want a big screen TV- at least 72" and a huge U shaped sectional sofa with stereo sound built in as well as the home theatre sound system. I also want cup-holders and a mini fridge built in and I want the seats to all recline with built in massagers and heaters & A/C. Alternating suede leather and regular leather.

Did I forget anything?

Oh yeah- individual controlers built in to each seat for playing games oh, and as long as I'm wishing,.... how about an aroma therapy set-up as well.
And every seat should have a small screen TV buit in as well with headphones so if what's on the big-screen isn't to your liking but everyone else wants to watch it then you can still be part of the group and watch whatever YOU want on the smallscreen TV.

I think that will about do it.

Paulius said...

I once did a George Costanza on a guy in a movie theatre.

I was watching Austin Powers, and he'd obviously seen it a few hundred times, singing along with the songs and literally shouting the dialogue.

I said "Excuse me", and he gave me the finger.

So I stood up, and told him that if I heard one more noise from him, I'd drag him out to the parking lot by the hair and kick seven colors out of him.

There was only about 15 other people in the theatre, but the round of applause I got was still great :-)