Friday, November 11, 2005

Am I lucky or what??

Today, I received the following email from ARTS & CRAFT COMPANY PLC.
DL0311 VAUXHALL CROSS LONDON UNITED KINGDOM.


Attn: Sir/Ma.

With due respect to you, I am sorry for any inconveniences or embarrassment this my letter of assistance may cause you. I am writing following an impressive information we got about you through a constancy firm under UK/USA/CA. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY. Thus we assured your capability and reliability to champion a business of great magnitude.

I am Mr. Jackson Abraham, the managing director of the above-mentioned company. Base on the assurance given on your behalf, my company has appointed you as our debt collector from our overseas creditors. The creditors always send us CHEQUES for our payment, but foreign check take LONGER time to clear and sometimes some of them got lost on transit, which impact a great lost to this Company. It is on this effect, we the management outstayed a dept collector overseas. You haven been selected on these contract, the management has agreed that any debt YOU collected on our behalf, 5% is allowed for you as your share while the remaining will be remitted to us through wire transfer on our cooperate account.

To commence on this transaction, you are to send the following in your reply:
1. Name you want the cheque to be raised.
2. Direct telephone and fax numbers
3. Mailing address
4. Your company names if any.
5. Sex/ Age and Occupation.

NOTE: Your duty is ONLY to collect CHEQUES on our behalf from our creditors overseas and have 5% of the total fund paid to you. If you are interested, please reply through my secure email address: jacjulxx1@myway.com

awaiting your positive reply.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Jackson Abraham



I know this is spam of some sort, but allow me to rant over it anyway,(It's a slow blog night).

This is what gets me,the addressing of 'me' is very general. .
But then the email goes on to state I am writing following an impressive information we got about you through a constancy firm , suggesting at the possibility that I've become the subject of some very important study or something. I should be so lucky. Ed McMahon never knocked on my door and all of a sudden some 'overseas' venture plops in my lap?

Are we supposed to be this stupid by these agencies to think that we are getting personally contacted in the attempt to collect some checks for them?
Who are these people??
How do they come up with these things?
What are they really after?
Why can't I finish a blog in some witty fashion instead of getting so flustered I end with............
oy

No comments: