Friday, November 18, 2005

Tracking

I started tracking the hits my site gets back in Oct., as my friend OzzyC has been. I was amazed by what I began to see!

First, the not so amazing part was the fact that during the beginning and end parts of the month, I didn't get too many hits. But in the middle weeks, hit counts almost tripled.

The really amazing part, for me, was the fact that not only was my best bud checking my site religiously (as I do your site!), but I was getting visited by peeps in non-English speaking countries.

Most of the ways I would get read, was by hit words on search engines such as MSN and Yahoo!. But then there were the 'referrers' that were direct links.
And when I'd go back and check their sites out, from common courtesy of course, I'd see things like this:

characters only
or my fave:
Russain

*(11/19)I am attempting to insert a link to see if i can do it*

It makes me wonder if when these people see my page, if they can't read it's characters as well.

2 comments:

OzzyC said...

You insert a link in a specific blog entry the exact same way that you created a link to my blog site.

Also, you'll probably notice that you get more hits immediately after a post, as opposed to the diminishing hits you get as your blog sits idle.

OzzyC said...

Way to go on getting the links done in this entry.