Friday, November 11, 2005

"Are you losing weight?"

This is the question my mother posed to me today.

The last time I saw her was only a week ago, and she didn't ask me then.
This comes up now and then which is sort of humourous as I do not diet, fluxuate dramatically in weight, or am constantly buying 'clothes that fit'.

After telling her that I didn't think I had, she commented on my face looking thinner.
Again, she's seeing things because I'm still as chubby as I have been. The only difference, as I pointed out to her, was the way I was shaving my facial hair.

*side note* Along with being vertically challenged, I am also follically challenged and find myself creating facial 'hair-styles' as one would with their hair on their head!

After debating about it, she noticed I was growing my hair (on my head) out again.
"You've got hair!". oy.

How having hair upon my head creates the illusion of weight loss is lost on me.
This cannot be a common occurrence as I've seen rather large people that with hair and they do NOT look thinner. (pause for uproarious laughter).

I suppose this spring when I shed my "winter cap", my mother will complain that I "need to go on a diet" as I've seemingly gained X-amount of weight.

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

"...How having hair upon my head creates the illusion of weight loss is lost on me..."

Maybe the hair standing on end makes your head look longer, which makes you look thinner.