Sunday, November 27, 2005

New ink



As mentioned in my last posting, I've (finally) gotten another tattoo with a third being done in two weeks.

It's said that once you get inked, your addicted. That was true in my case, but my wallet was able to resist my craving.

But for now, I'm in a better financial standing and decided I wanted my next artwork to involve my children.

About a month ago, a young woman I know was telling me about her latest tattoo and when I asked her where she got it, I was surprised to learn that it was done by a guy I knew back in high school.
I'd seen his shop (in my home town about 30 miles from where I now reside) but never stopped in. Now that I knew who owned and operated it, I just had to go. Plus, now I had cash!

The following week, I stopped in and sure enough, there was ole Donnie, just the way I remembered him. We caught up a bit, and then got down to business.
I told him my idea and we soon came up with a design.

Before beginning, he asked me what kind of lettering I wanted and I told him "It's got to be just like you see it here". His response was classic Donnie:"This'll be the worst lettering I've ever done!" He continued, "no, you're gonna have to tell everyone that I did this on purpose!".

To make a long blog short, the actual tattooing part was just as I remembered it. Not too bad at all. It was either because I was older, wiser, looking forward to the pain, or the fact he popped in The Chronicles of Riddick to give me something else to concentrate on.

Either way, I've got the first of two 'set in stone' tattoos, and I'm happy with it.

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

Diggin' it, dude.