Saturday, November 05, 2005

Online dating and you

Ok, so, it'’s time once again for my rant concerning on-line dating sites.
(It'’s a slow day).

I'’ve talked about how eHarmony uses 29 dimensions in matching people.
As I'’ve also said, if she's 3-d I'd be happy. (pause for uproarious laughter)

Another site I'’ve used allows what are called "“winks"” between non-members.
Winks are a way to get someone'’s attention, such as in life. But unless you are a paying member, that's as far as it goes.

I'’ve only come across two completely free dating sites, Plenty of Fish and Matchdoctor.
While these two sites allow people to write actual messages to one another, they have an upgradeable feature allowing say one to view a persons multiple pictures, or seeing how many people have viewed your profile. No big whoop if you ask me.

In my experience, though, there seems to be no single women using these sites within an acceptable radius. For me, acceptable would be no more than 30-45 miles.
Aside from the obvious millions of women from other states and countries (the UK seems to be popular), a multitude of women seem to be in the southern part of the state, which really does me no good.

While I'’ve considered moving in the past, now that I have my children back in the same town as me, relocating is not an option.

I'’m sure that these sites have done what they promised in finding soul mates for people. Hell, there are plenty of testimonials to this fact!
But the whole online dating world has just left this single guy............single.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other end of the state isn't too bad unless you are in CA or TX! After all, they might be moving to your area or love to drive on weekends. I can get to 3 states from my little house in under 3 hrs.. some guy might be worth that.

Is there a local paper or radio station that might have a free personal area? We have a few here but the pickings are slim for me. Doesn't mean it won't work for you!